Saturday, February 1, 2014

About that caffeine thing. . .

Don't take it too seriously,  coffee keeps the world safe.  I have a cup in me,  it's all good.

Last night was my first session of lifting free weights in over a decade.  So my numbers sucked and sucked hard.  I managed a whole 9 reps on a bench at a whopping 115lbs. Excuse me while I kill myself.

2x10 leg press at 270 and 10 at 180
1x10 squat 90, 1x6 at 180

Yes they suck.  But you've got to start somewhere.  Ill only go up from there.

I closed out with some cardio.  I was wobbly heading into the locker room.  Took a shower and got dressed. Headed to get my coffee and realized that I felt great.  I immediately started feeling like hell. I felt like I'd wasted effort and had'nt left it all on the floor.

I mentally best myself up all night.  Not this morning.  I'm not sore at all,  but I know I worked out. That's enough.

Now here's the real big deal.  At the gym I took blood glucose and it was 136. Not too high,  and entirely expected. As I said before,  working out can boost your sugar up a bit. I then went and had two venti coffees with cream and sweet n low. No meds.  As type 2 diabetics you probably all realize that my morning glucose should have been elevated.

126.

Again,  a tad elevated,  but the point is that my glucose went down overnight. That's a beautiful thing.  And world's better than 300s and 400s that I used to have and some of you do as well.

296lbs this morning.  299 last night at the gym in shorts,  shirt and five fingers. (Minimalist shoes are wonderful for lifting).

A few thoughts on weighing.
Don't do it everyday. Our body weight fluctuates slightly everyday.  You can very well be steadily dropping weight but weigh 3 or 4 more pounds one day than the day before.

You're looking for an overall trend.  So every 3 to 4 days at most.   Also,  try to be wearing the same thing, preferably nothing,  every time. The same time of day,  preferably morning,  is a good idea too. And use the same scale.

Also,  have a friend measure you.  You can't do it yourself.  Tracking losses and gains that way helps too.

Stop reading,  go eat a steak and lift.




No comments:

Post a Comment