Thursday, April 17, 2014

90 day check up.

I won't have the official lab results for a few days, but my doc did a double take today when he walked in and instead of his normal friendly greeting, I was met with a "wow".

Official weight, 287. Right at about 25lbs lost this year, so far. 78 pounds from my highest ever. I'm still having constant sugars in the 120 range, with nothing higher than 130.  Atkins is great for sugar stabilization. I'll have my A1C next week.
Resting pulse when I started, 100.
Resting pulse today. 69

Med free BP when I started, (I'm prescribed Lisinopril, but it makes me sick) 164/112
Med free BP today. 142/84.

Resting resp rate when I started, 20.
Resting resp rate now, 13.


So far all I've done is lift and eat right. I've had a lot of body composition changes, but not the loss I'd expect. Despite averaging over a pound a week, I want more. And I'll get it. Easily. I'm going to incorporate HIIT with a weighted sled into a workout day every week if I can.

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. It can be done merely by sprinting, with a sledge hammer and a tire, a sled, etc. Basically, you give an all out max effort for 30-40 seconds, then rest for 10-20, and do it again. Repeat until you feel like throwing up. If outside, repeat until you throw up.

You didn't get diabetic and fat without working to shovel in some food, work to burn it out.

How bad do you want it?

No comments:

Post a Comment