Saturday, March 22, 2014

End of week 2 on 5/3/1

Life ain't bad, as predicted, I did well at the end of week 4 on deads.  240x5, 285x5, and 315x10, 5 over the required work set.

This week, I've squatted, pressed, and benched. In week 2, the weights step up and the reps drop. Instead of 5, you do 3 reps, again with as many as possible on the 3rd. OHP,  was 65x3, 75x3, 85x8.

I squatted the day before and did 205x3, 225x3, and 255x5. 

Benching this morning, I did 75x3, 85x3, and 95x20.  Those are the required work sets, but I had more in me, and I'm not a fan at all of leaving anything in the tank. so I did 115x3 and 135x2. 

This of course, means that I REALLY underestimated my bench press, or I've grown it really fast. I'm going with option A.

All these workouts are done AFTER a warm up, and stretching, especially with the deadlift and squat. I want to stress this because you can seriously screw yourself up for life if you don't do it right.  Proper form and checking your ego at the door are mandatory. Here's the deal. Today I walked into a gym with a bunch of muscled up guys that warm up with bigger weights than I max out at. And I promptly took all the weights off the bar and pressed it ten times, very slowly. Then I added ten pounds and did it again. Everyone can see, and it doesn't matter. I'm a big dude, I look like I should be able to do more. It doesn't matter, my ego was out in the parking lot. No worries though, I found it when I left.

Sugars, damned good. 10X more often than not. A few 90s, pretty much nothing over 130, and that's with me testing after I eat, not hours later, just a bit after. I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment